Monday, September 15, 2014

Shakeology: Day 1

Here's the rundown:
  I am lucky enough to have an awesome bf who left me have some of his stash. I'm glad he did because the price tag for one months supply is a whopping 147$! That's enough for at least 15 units of Botox. Which is enough Botox for... let's say a prepubescent boy. Ok, ok, it's not that expensive in the grand scheme of things, but still, that works out to about $4.90 a shake. It's steep I guess, but honestly it's about the same price as a Venti mocha-schmocha fat-ass in a BPA ridden plastic cup. Your choice. Whatev.
     Since the bf's sister is a beach body coach and shakeology distributer, I was able to harass her in the middle of the night for recipes that wouldn't make the shake taste like elephant balls. (I read some bad reviews on google,Mmmkay?). I mixed mine with one cup of light almond milk, half a banana and 3 ice cubes. The powder and milk were mixed for 1 minute straight to make the shake smooth. Then I added the banana and ice just until the shake was smooth again. It looked good. It smelled great. Then it was time to taste...😁
     *drumroll*
    I was actually pleasantly surprised. After all the online references to the tropical strawberry flavor tasting more like mammalian testicles, I was very afraid. Unnecessarily so. The shake was pretty tasty, and I didn't have to, (and I quote) "Suck it down like a mouth full of..."  (You don't want to know the test, and yes, someone actually wrote that). I digress...It was pretty good.
     I will update you tomorrow on how I feel throughout the day. Until then, enjoy your 6$ cup of high-fructose corn syrup. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment