Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Anti-stank breath! (Aka fluoride-free toothpaste)



My 10 year old is a militant hippie! (There is a such thing). First she asked if we could take a road trip to Ferguson to protest and then she asked why I was allowing her to use "cancer causing, fluoride- laden, brain eating tooth paste". She then suggested I go back to making our paste so she could graduate. 😁😑.


Who made her?!!!!


Anyhow- I decided she was right because with as much research as I've done on fluoride, combined with the fact that I actually PREFER my own toothpaste, I have no business buying this stuff:


So I got to work and made a fresh batch:

1. Mix equal parts baking soda and coarse Salt (I used table Salt 😁)

2. While coconut oil is warm (In a liquid state) add just enough to make a paste.

3. Add a few drops of stevia (for taste)

4. Mix well. Store in airtight container

*tips*
-this will melt in a hot bathroom
-coconut oil will stain clothes!
-don't be a douche buy heating oils in a microwave or stove. Just run under warm  water.😀 happy brushing suckas!

No comments:

Post a Comment