Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Halloween and Boobs! My 2 favorite things...


   So I get a lot of flack because my favorite Holiday is Halloween.  Mostly from my Christian friends and family.  Weird though, because I too, am  Christian.  Don't get me wrong.  I love the other major Holidays like Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter, but frankly, however hackneyed this may sound, the over commercialization of these holidays makes me sick! Hardly anyone is concerned with giving and while most people claim to love these days because of some Christ centered reason that they heard repeated by their parents and grandparents, the real reason people love Christmas, is the presents. Period.  Americans love Thanksgiving because we are the fattest nation on the planet and any excuse to gorge ourselves is good enough.  Slap on the whole, "being thankful" rhetoric and you have a pseudo-meaningful reason to stuff your face.
     So I proudly say that I love the one holiday where people are allowed to be whatever they want even in a society that forces us into boxes everyday.  I love the time of the year where things are rapidly changing and everyone actually seems happy about it.  I love that October has become  the time of year where women actually stop for a moment to take think of themselves as well as other women.
     This is a really awesome time of year.  Soak it up.  Pumpkins and pink ribbons...What's not to Love?!

What is your favorite thing about fall?
What are you dressing up as this Halloween ?

No comments:

Post a Comment